- 36 Quail eggs
- 2 LBS of ground pork
- 1 Packet panko bread crumbs
- 3 TBS of paprika
- 1 1/2 TBS of ground Coriander
- 1/2 TBS of ground cloves
- 1 TBS of ground black pepper
- 1 TBS of dried oregano
- 1 TBS of ground cumin
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 TBS of salt
- 2 TBS of apple cider vinegar
- 2 Eggs
- Some Flour
- Canola oil for deep frying
1. Boil eggs for 3 minutes and flash cool in iced water.
2. Peel under the water.
3. Combine spices and oregano with meat. Taste meat.
4. Wrap eggs with sausage, bread them and then put in freezer for five minutes.
5. Deep fry in oil that is 300 – 325 degrees.
Onion Jalepeno Sherry Confit ingredients:
- 2 LB red onion (or cooking onion)
- 2 TBS unslated butter
- A drizzle of olive oil (and more if necessary)
- 8 pickled jalepeno slices diced
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 cup orange juice with pulp (and more if necessary)
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tsp brown sugar (or white or honey, if using honey increase to 1 T.)
- balsamic vinegar, a good splash or more according to taste
1. Slice onions or dice. Melt the butter over medium high heat in a large pan and drizzle over a little olive oil. When it bubbles, add the bay leaves and lay over half of the onion, sprinkle over the sugar and likewise sprinkle the top evenly with salt. Add the rest of the onion and diced jalepeno
2. Turn a few times and allow to cook about 15 minutes uncovered. As the juice from the onion releases then reabsorbs, turn frequently to avoid burning as any burnt onion will transfer its bitterness to the whole batch.
33Cover and allow to cook another 15 minutes or so until the onions are soft. Add most of the orange juice, stir well and continue to cook another 10 minutes. The juice will absorb somewhat.
Add a good splash of balsamic vinegar and the sherry vinegar, stir well and allow to cook off the alcohol. Taste and add more salt or sugar if necessary. After any addition allow the mass to continue to cook a little, adding more orange juice as necessary to keep a thick, product resembling a loose marmalade.