• 1 pound of 454g (dried Farfalle – bowtie Pasta)
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
• 1 cup of diced pancetta
• 4 shallots diced
• 3 roma tomatoes, peeled and diced
(To peel a tomato. Score the top of the tomato, meaning make an “X” just penetrating the flesh, and drop in boiling water for 30 seconds. Take them out of the water and peel) • 2 cups of farfalle (bowtie) pasta
• 1/2 cup of sweet peas
• 3-4 tablespoons of minced flat leaf parsley
• 3/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 cup of heavy cream
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and of in pan over medium to medium high heat, add the pancetta and cook for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Take out the pancetta and reserve in a bowl.
3. In the same pan that the pancetta was cooked in, add 2 tablespoon of butter and add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly, very slightly, brown.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and pancetta. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat. No Cover. Low temperature.
5. Stir in the cream and peas. Cook low for 5 minutes.
6. While this is cooking, cook the farfalle in salted boiling water until al dente (firm to the tooth.) Strain pasta.
7. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir for for 30 seconds.
8. Add the cheese and the parsley.
10. Juice of 1/2 lemon
9. Salt and pepper to taste