Fish tacos are easy and fantastic!
Notes: I couldn’t find fresh Mahi Mahi. However, the frozen product I did find was awesome! I also made my own corn tortillas. You can buy your own and that’s fine, but I couldn’t find corn tortillas up in my part of the woods. However, they did have the corn flour to make them. It’s called MASA. Odd, isn’t it?
- 2 Mahi Mahi fillets (1 pound in total)
- 4 Corn tortillas – corn flour (make tortillas as directed. It’s so easy!)
- 1 Cup packaged shredded cabbage (dry coleslaw)
- 1 tsp of rice wine vinegar (combine that with cabbage and salt and pepper)
- 1 Cup of salsa verde (tomatillo salsa)
- 1/2 Roasted red bell pepper (sauce)
- 1 Chipotle in Adobe sauce (sauce)
- 1 Shallot (sauce)
- 2 Cloves garlic (sauce)
- 3-4 Lime, juice (sauce)
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder (sauce)
- Add 1/4 cup sour cream or yogurt (sauce)
- Add 1/4 cup of mayo (sauce)
- Salt and pepper to taste (sauce)
- Fresh Guacamole. Here is the recipe.
- Cilantro for garnish
1. In a blender combine sour cream, lime juice, roasted pepper, garlic, shallot and chili powder to make the hola sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a non-stick pan cook fish on medium high heat with the salsa verde. Add some oil if you need to. Cut fish into chunks and set aside.
3) Heat or make tortillas. Spread guacamole all over one side of the tortilla, layer a few TBSP of fish, add chipotle sauce, add cabbage mix, add more hola sauce and garnish with cilantro if you like. Serve with a fresh margarita.