Yield: 12 medium muffins
Time to make: 35-40 minutes
- 3 overly ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of all spice
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of SEA SALT – depending on your taste for salt
- 1-2 TBSP of Skor Toffee bits (these are is to be sprinkled on the top of the muffins before your bake them)
- 12 mini marshmallows as garnish
1 Using potato masher or fork, purée the peeled ripe bananas until smooth. You should have 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups of banana purée. Butter or spray with cooking spray the inside of a muffin tin -inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) with a rack in the middle.
2 Place the banana purée into a large mixing bowl. Stir the melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar and sea salt. Whisk to break up any clumps of brown sugar. Stir in the beaten egg and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Evenly pour batter into a muffin tin.
6. Sprinkle Skor Toffee Chips. Add a mini marshmallow and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the end of a knife comes out clean.