Yield: 2 TIME: 30 min
• 1 pint of mini, sweet bell peppers, diced
• 1 large Italian squash or zucchini, medium-diced
• 1 small red onion, medium-diced
• 3 cloves of minced garlic
• 1/2 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
• 1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup of roasted pine nuts
• 3 tablespoons of minced, fresh basil
• Basil leaves, to garnish
• Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• 2 cups of farfalle pasta
1) Pre heat your oven to 450˚F
2) Mix the peppers, onions, zucchini, garlic, red pepper, vinegar, olive oil, one tablespoon of basil and salt and pepper.
3) Put the mixture in a casserole dish or pan and roast at 450˚F for 20-25 minutes, until the veggies start to brown slightly.
4) Follow the directions on your farfalle pasta and cook in large stock pot.
5) Combine cooked pasta, veggies, pine nuts, and basil. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over mixture to taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Serve in a shallow bowl and garnish with a fresh basil leaf.