• 1 pound of salmon with skin removed
The Marinade • 3/4 cup of sweet chili sauce (you can get this in the Asian section of your grocer or go to an Asian market)
• 1/2 tablespoon of canola oil
• 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
• 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
• 1/2 tablespoon of dried ginger
• 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
• Pepper to taste
1. Turn your grill on to Medium – high.
2.In a bowl, combine the sweet chili sauce, orange juice, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, pepper and mix together. Reserve a 1/4 cup of sauce for fish before serving
3.Pour marinade over salmon. Cover and refrigerate for at least a half an hour.
4.Grill for five minutes on the skin side. Then flip over the fish by placing the spatula between the skin and the fillet. The concept is to leave the skin only on the grill. Cook for 4- 5 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon. The fish should be just a wee bit pink on the inside.
5. Drizzle 1/4 cup of reserved marinade over fish.