- 2lbs stew meat
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6-8 carrots, chunks in size of meat
- 2 teeth garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup of Cognac
- 3 cups of Fusion Cabernet Sauvignon
- 4 sprigs of Savory
- 4 springs of Margaram
- 1 Beef cube
- 500 ML water
- 1/4 cup of flour
- Canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Brown meat in batches and set aside.
2. Sauté onions in same pot until slightly brown. ( Add garlic after a few minutes of cooking the onions.)
3. Add flour and cook roux for 10 minutes, string constantly.
4. Add Congnac and cook off.
5. Add beef cube and water and cook for a few minutes.
6. Add wine and carrots cover and cook for two hours.
7. Season to taste.